Dried Pumpkin Seeds2013-10-20
Dehydrated pumpkin seeds date back to the Native Americans, who used them for healing and health benefits. Pumpkin seeds contain amino acids, high levels of zinc, and they promote a healthy prostate in men. Before throwing away the pulp and seeds of your freshly carved pumpkin, try dehydrating the pumpkin seeds to roast and eat as a snack.
1. Scoop the seeds from the pumpkin and place them in a bowl.
2. Rinse the seeds to remove any pulp and residue and place them on a paper towel to dry.
3. Place the seeds on the trays, and set them in you dehydrator at 115 degrees.
4. Dry the seeds for three to four hours.
5. Once dried, remove the seeds and let them cool. Seeds will have a thin film over them when done. This is ok, but I like to rub off as much film as I can. Package in an air tight container for storage.
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe